Sunday, May 15, 2011

Canvas picture for my mom

This is an 11x14 canvas frame. First i painted entire canvas with blue acrylic paint mixed with gesso. I added a few touches of purple acrylic paint to add a little something extra. I made some 3-d paper flowers using shapes from george cart. I varied the sizes and layered them and connected them with a brad. I roughed up the edge of each layer with the edge of scissors-distressed. I inked edges only then i sprayed with my homemade glimmermist and crumpled them carefully. I let them dry completely before assembling. Then i added glass effects too look like water and stickles for sparkles. I added elements from loris garden imagine cart. I ran some twine i got from dollar tree around frame which also doubles as a hanger. There are also cuts from straight from the nest. I cut a square from loris garden with the script pattern on it, inked the edges and curled the corner. I used gel medium to put the things on the canvas which holds very well. My mom likes dragonflies so i added some dragonfly brads to the scene.

No comments: