Friday, April 8, 2011

Imagine first time use

So i thought since i did the initial setup on the imagine that it was all updated and ready to work with my Gypsy--not. I needed to connect it to my computer and run cricut sync. This was a bit confusing and took some time to do. A few times it said to restart imagine on cricut sync but imagine wasnt off so i just left it alone and do its thing. This is a big part of the updates is just being patient and waiting. There is a point where u do need to power on the imagine. I think i even restarted my cricut sync. I wish i wrote this when it was fresh in my mind. There was a point where my computer asked to insert disk to install device driver. There is no disk to put in. I said to locate on internet. I dont think it foumd it online. But i think once everything ran it course the driver was installed automatically anyway i think when i restarted cricut sync. After that i made sure my gypsy was all up to date and it was. Then i connected my gypsy to the imagine to load my carts. Connect gypsy to imagine with cord. Open imagine app on gypsy. Click manage carts. Click add. Plug cart into imagine and wait for it to load images on imagine. Then click ok or next on the gypsy. It should then start the progress bar on G. It takes a few minutes or more to add cart. Complete process until all carts are added. I did a quick project to test it. I had to plug cart into imagine to cut and push go on imagine to print and cut. So as far as i can tell the imagine carts dont get permanently limked to gypsy like other cricut carts. I am not totally sure about this but nowhere says that they are permamently linked.i asked on the messageboard. I may have missed something but im pretty sure thats all the stuff i did.

No comments: