Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sad news

It seems like we were just celebrating my son being in remission from his cancer. He has another cancer tumor in his mouth again. He went for a MRI yesterday and they immediately admitted him to the hospital and are starting chemo. This poor kid was first diagnosed with throat cancer when he was 17 in 2005. He had chemo and radiation and got rid of it. The cancer came back with a vengeance last August in his jawbone. He had surgery where they removed his jawbone and they used his leg bone to rebuild his jaw. He had chemo following his surgery. This time the tumor regrew in the same place as the last one, in his jaw/mouth. They don't think surgery is necessary and that chemo will be enough. Please pray to whatever higher power you believe in that my young son, 23 years old, will be rid of this cancer for good this time. My family prays that third times the charm! Just within the past two weeks he signed up for college classes. He was going before but was sick with cancer. He thought he was passed all that this year so signed back up. He was so excited to be moving forward with his life. The college was so nice to him and accepting and accommodating. He just wants a normal life, a healthy life. He someday wants a family too. He is so great with kids and loves to play. He is so giving and generous and smart. He is my hero and I am so lucky to have him in my life. I am making some cards for me and my other kids to make for him and I will post them here for you all to see.

Have a blessed day and hug your loved ones!

Heather

1 comment:

Audrey Frelx said...

Heather, I am so very sorry to hear such sad news; my prayers go out to your son and your family!

Hugs!