Saturday, January 22, 2011

New favorite marker

FABER-CASTELL PITT ARTIST PEN (BRUSH TIP)

I have tried lots of pens and markers for journaling, stamping, coloring stamps etc. I came across these at michaels and decided to give them a try. They don't bleed through the paper and are waterproof and fade resistant and most importantly: acid free/ph neutral. They are pigmented drawing ink. I researched them vs. the copic markers and these were better than the copics when others compared them. I havent tried copics myself i just couldnt bring myself to spend that much money. These markers are a bit more than i wanted to spend but i could get them locally and it turns out that i love them and i thought i would share it with you. One big problem i have with markers is that they would smudge on photos. I tried these on photo paper and they didnt smudge. They took little to no time to dry. They dry fast which is another reason i love them. They are called Faber-Castell PITT artist pen ( i have the brush tip ones). I found some online for under $2 a marker. I have six right now and i will buy some more when i get more familiar with them. I can also use a coupon at the stores to buy them which is even better!!

No comments: